Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 things I'd like to do...

I'm not really going to post 2011 things I'd like to do...well not in this one post anyway.  You see, I always have these ideas swimming in my head about things I'd like to do and somehow I don't get around to doing them all or I don't start all I've been wanting to start, but mostly I don't finish all I've set out to do.  Maybe I do too much...but I like being busy.  Maybe I need to simplify my life...but that sounds boring.  There are just so many things I'd like to do, would like to learn, and would like to do better.  So I've decided I'm going to put some things into writing here that I'd like to do in 2011.

This year, I will attempt reading through the Bible.  I've attempted this before, but have never completely read through the entire Bible.  I'm not going to beat myself up over it if I don't make it again, but I'm going to try harder.  I've uploaded the Bible unto my son's itouch using youversion.com and will be using the NLT 1year Chronological Bible reading plan.

I am gearing up to lose the rest of the baby weight & get fit again.  I will aim to eat healthier & get regular exercise.  I want to be cooking more this year, trying more easy crock pot recipes so that the drive thru window doesn't need to be visited regularly during baseball season.  I would love to get back to doing 3 cardio days & 3 strength training days.  I would be happy with a minimum of 3 hard workouts or even 30 minutes of daily exercise.  Losing 30 more pounds would really be lovely.

I am going to take sewing lessons!  I have been wanting to learn how to sew for too long & am sick of putting it off.  Now that I have a new baby again I keep seeing all these things I'd love to make, but I've been intimidated by the needle.

I want to keep a natural, healthy home.  I intend to learn how to start making & using natural cleaners in my home.  Yes that also means I need to get off my butt & pick up a bit more around here.  I want to get better about delegating chores to the boys as well.  

I want to do some major purging!  While the garage seems like an overwhelming place to start, I sure hope I get to weeding through the garage.  I need to start small with zones or rooms in the house before tackling the garage.  Once the baby weight falls off, my closet will be a fun thing to purge :-)

I want to read more - books & blogs.  One of these days I'm going to bite the bullet & take a speed reading class.  For now I will focus on keeping up on my Bible reading plan, but I need to make the time to read all of the wonderful things I come across.

One of the many things I've been wanting to do for a while now is start a blog.  I guess I can check that off now.  I decided instead of reading more about how to start up a blog that I would just learn by doing.  Whether I keep it up or not will be another matter haha

Happy 2011!






No comments:

Post a Comment